Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:27:46 -0500 (CDT)

This is the free-est country in the world....I've never disputed
that fact....from its inception, that was the intent....many
have given their lives to protect these freedoms.......this past
freedom is what causes some of the threats we have today...most of
today's young never remember a time without such freedom (I don't,
but history reveals that it wasn't always so for our ancestors)
The fact that todays folks have been complacent about such freedoms
is EXACTLY what causes my concerns.  You mention the internet....
well, they're contemplating restrictions on these very freedoms
everyday, in the name of "law enforcement" and "protecting whomever"
from such freedom of expression....

When you have an abundance of freedom (or anything else, for that
matter) you notice less as it's chipped away...oh yeah, things
are pretty good, so lets not worry about it.....

Go to Carrollton, Tx. and ride your bike to the park without
a helmet.  Go to KALIFORNICA and sit in a bar and smoke a cigar.
Work for cash, live on cash, don't file a tax return. Drive your
car in Dallas without a seat belt.  Or a "tax" sticker (the so called
"inspection" is bullshit cover for a "tax" sticker)  Try to
buy a car with cash from your trunk.  Put an antenna tower
in your back yard in Plano Tx.   >THEN< tell me how free you
are....

These, and a million other little things, were "freedoms"
DURING MY LIFETIME.....Where does it end?.....in facism...
that's what led my ancestors away from THEIR country to
the US....If you want to live elsewhere, and put up with
these kinds of restrictions, go there and shut up...
I choose not to accept such things silently....nor will
the majority when the "jack-booted thugs" (and their
prosecutors) show up on the doorstep....quit taxing my
ass for things I don't want, and quit legislating MY
behavior FOR MY OWN GOOD.   And quit worrying about the
"CHILDREN".....they did fine for hundreds of generations
without your help.

Walt, hoping NOT to live to see the end result
of all this,
Best to you and yours.

On
Mon,