Subject: Re: [Leica] how to be distreet?
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 15:42:53 -0500

>How can I hide it properly
>and protect M6 when travelling? How do u all keep ur M gear with u
>while u travel around and managed to pull out M* out to shoot?

Gads, man, most people here leave the M6 at home on a shelf and take the
plastic Yashica T4 or some such thing so NO ONE will ever steal the
M6...Geesh you think people actually buy these things to TAKE PICTURES
with!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, do as you would with any kind of camera, Don't set it down and
leave it untended, don't set your camera bag down and turn your back, if
necessary to set down the bag STAND on the shoulder strap so that if
anyone tries to grab and run you will at least slow them down a little.

As far as black taping the red dot...forget it, a theif will be stealing
your camera because it is a camera, not because of the brand.

In all of the years I have used cameras professionally I have only had my
minolta flash meter stolen...don't ask me why ANYONE would steal a flash
meter...I guess it is because everything else was around my neck and this
was in a pocket and it was in the middle of a zoo (farm-aid...a total
nightmare and the worst assignment I have ever had BAR NONE.)  Just use
common sense and you should be ok...oh and if someone points a gun at you
as says "Give me that camera", by all means give him the damn camera...it
is just a hunk of metal and plastic afterall.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com