Subject: RE: [Leica] which M for me?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 06:34:41 +0000

>I agree with Tina.  The M3 is probably a great choice.  As to the M6, I
>would avoid the TTL and go for the standard M6 if you are looking at an M6.
>Leica is too proprietary with its TTL since only the Leica SF20 flash really
>appears to work while the Metz flashes DO NOT when equipped with the proper
>SCA mdoule.  You'll save hundreds of dollars and many headaches by avoiding
>the M6 TTL.
>
>Peter K

The M3 is cheaper and is built like a tank. If you are happy to use it in
conjunction with a hand held meter, this will be a nice outfit. It is very
likely the finest M camera constructed and feels different from the M6.
However, it does not have 35mm frame lines and if you are going to shoot
with 35mm lenses, fitting on with the proper "eyes" can be a pain.   Then
the M2 would be a nice alternative.

Generally for first time buyers, I would recommend that they try to stretch
their pockets and get the M6 instead .... and less regrets later.  I find
the meter on the M6 very nice to use.

For TTL flash?  I'd pull out my Contax G2 and enjoy the other added
features at the same time.

Dan K.