Subject: Re: [Leica] I missed it.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:05:08 -0600

At 06:57 AM 3/31/99 +0200, you wrote:
>You are right in pointing out that most of my market pictures do not involve
>direct
>eye contact. This is simply because most of the people I include are either
>engaged
>in a transaction or are perusing the goods on offer.

And I would submit that this is better. Nothing I dislike more than
pictures that masquerade as documentary that have people staring right into
the lens. That's not documentary photography as much as it is portraiture.
Perfectly legitimate, just seems to me, often, to be the only option when
people are too rushed to stick around and get a real candid picture.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

'Calm down -- it's only ones and zeros.'