Subject: [Leica] R8 home again
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:02:03 +1000

G'day Guys and Gals,

Well I've been a bit quite lately [hip hip hooray they cried], but I have a
minor snippet of news for those who have been so kind during my trials. The
R8 is home again. After its second journey to Germany, it is better
travelled than I am this year ;-) The report card read exactly the same as
after its first visit. "Fixed shutter and replaced switch" for what that is
worth, and "winder operating to specifications: checked at no charge with
our compliments".

Thank you also to the Australian Leica dealer Adeal, who supplied an R8
replacement for the 12 weeks it was away. I've now got nearly 4 months of
catching up to do, and only 2 weeks till my original warranty comes due, so
back to work ;-)

PS: so far the winder has operated well [half a roll]

Cheers to all my friends

Alastair Firkin,