Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:26:52 -0800

I forgot to mention the basis for my inquiry: B. Moose Petersen sent me a 1998
copy of his quarterly journal which contains a writeup about Nikon's extension
tubes and his use of them with his F5 and 300 & 600 mm lenses. The effect he
obtains is wonderful: when photographic wildlife with the extension tubes, the
background is completely obliterated, leaving only the animals in each picture
with a pristine, solid background. I'm contemplating buying the 14256 and using
it with my 60 mm macro, APO 3.4 180, 280 2.8 APO TELYT, and 400 6.8 TELYT
lenses on my R8. I have both the 2x and 1.4x extenders but they, of course, do
not accomplish this effect. I spoke with Niels at Leica-NJ yesterday and he
assured me the 14256 would.