Subject: Re: [Leica] Why not the best?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:08:56 -0600

At 07:13 AM 3/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Despite his comments quoted on the list, I saw HCB's "The Europeans"
>exhibit in Paris a couple of years ago and if anyone really believes
>that his concern for technique was accidental or random, I have a bridge
>I'd like to sell you

Actually it was obsession with sharpness he had a problem with. He just had
to focus and get a decent exposure. He actually had marks on his cameras
for his favorite exposure and focusing distance. His technical quality was
in part based on his relationship with his printer.

In you list of best of class lenses, I think the one that might not be is
the 60 Macro. It's quite an old formula, and the newest Micro Nikkor that
is made by Kyocera is a stunning lens.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.