Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica New Generation / Outdoor bags
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:45:20 -0500

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Robert G. Stevens wrote:

>Pascal:
>
>The bag you need is the Lowe Pro Orion.  It is a waist bag that will fit
>the camera and at least four lenses and some other stuff.  It has a belt
>and a shoulder strap.  It is very convenient to use as you can get into it
>while wearing it and it can serve as a platform for lens changes.

This is the Lowepro Orion, not the Orion AW, a larger bag.  I typically
have 35/50/90 Summicron-Rs, a 135 Elmarit-R, 60 Macro, film, an R-body, a
14256 and misc. stuff in my Orion and with all this R-stuff it's what I'd
call the practical weight limit for a waist bag (and I'm a 6'1"
triathlete).  My father has the Orion AW and it holds more weight than I
want on my waist.

I like the Orion for the reasons Robert mentioned and because it's not so
big that I'm tempted to stuff everything I have in it.

Doug Herr
Sacramento