Subject: Re: [Leica] Too many lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:43:51 -0500

Well, I have, as I recall, two Leica M bodies (M6 and M3 DS), an 1.4/35, a
2/5cm DR, a 1.4/50 Summilux, a 2.8/90 Elmarit, a 2/90 Summicron, a 3.4/135
APO-Televid, a 2.8/135 Elmarit, and 4/200, 4.8/280, and 5/400 Telyts, as
well as two LTM bodies (IIIc and IIIf BD) and a Summarit and collapsible
Summicron on them, for a total of four bodies and 10 Leica lenses.  I also
have a positive slew of LTM Zeiss and Russian lenses, and the World's
Largest Collection of 135mm National Optical Trinols (two:  one in black
and another in chrome).  And three big Rolleiflexes (Automat III, 2.8F,
2.8GX), a 4X Magnar, 2X Duonar, and Weitwinkel-Mutar, and the Rolleinar
set, a Baby Grey, two Ikoflexes, six Contax RF bodies, one 2.8/35, four
2/50's (one collapsible, two rigid, and an Oberkochen one), three
1.5/5cm's, a 2.8/5cm, a 4/85, a 2/85, and a 4/135, for a total of six
bodies and twelve lenses, PLUS eight Kiev RF bodies and 12 lenses.  And two
Super Ikonta B's.  And a Hasseblad and five lenses.  And two Contarex
bodies with three lenses.  And a Rolleiflex SL35.  And a slew of Praktica
M42 and B cameras, and lenses.  And an SL-706.  And a Nettar C.  And my
original camera, a 6cm by 9cm Voigtlander Bessa.  And a Vito B.  And a
Rollei 35.

And a Canon EOS 10s and four lenses, plus an M42 adapter so I can use good
Russian and German glass on that Japanese thing.

I'd hate to count them all up.  I have a LOT of cameras, and a LOT of lenses.

Which one to use?  Depends on the mood of the moment ... probably the 2.8F
Rollei more than the others, though I use one of the Leicas when I am
travelling light, or the Hasselblad with the 5.6/135 S-Planar when I am
documenting something for a book or article, or I put a Luminar or
Micro-Summar on the Bellows.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!