Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus & Leica
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:38:00 +0000

Mark Rabiner wrote:
<snip>.
>I can only interpolate from ten years professional experience using
>autofocus lenes. Twenty using Blads. Thirty useing Nikons. Five using
>Leica M's. I don't claim to be a lens tester either and I don't claim to
>be an expert in low light shooting. I don't recall you claiming your
>glass on your G2 was a match for Leica I recall you being happy about
>the autofocus aspect of it.

To me, they are a close fight and I saw no reason to mention the obvious.
The AF is a feature which I find useful in extreme low light shooting.
Unlike the G1 or in some other models, there are no annoying beams nor
distracting lights involved as the G2 autofocusses.

<snip>
>I do recall Erwin
>coming out with Leica glass more than edging out Contax but maybe I
>should read that again.

Good idea.  I am sure many of us will be delighted to have you share the
reference to that article with us.

Dan K.