Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W slides
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:31:55 -0600

At 06:16 AM 3/23/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Is there a hassle free way to make B&W slides on your own?

 From what? Prints, negatives or slides?

If from prints, and you don't mind a bit of color shift, Fuji Sensia makes
very nice slides from black and white prints. You can also use Kodak's
reversal kit that works with TMax 100. Very nice stuff. From negs. there
are ways, but I don't recommend it. One old film was processed in Dektol,
shot straight off the negative. Down and dirty, poor image quality.

If you want the best quality, go with the Kodak kit. It's a lot of work,
takes a long time, and you have to be careful, and adjust development time
as you process more film in the developer. Six steps if I remember.

Sensia works too. Especially if you do all of them at the same time. Then
there isn't a worry of color variations. That's what I use, normally.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Exaggeration is not all it's cracked up to be.