Subject: [Leica] Turkeys and Telyts: the chromes
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:10:11 -0500

Most of my Kodachromes from my turkey "hunt" have come back from the lab
and though I've been using various Kodachromes for 30 years and Leica glass
for 20 years I'm still stunned with the results: color saturation,
exquisite detail and a 3D quality that must be seen to be believed; in
short, everything I expect from Leica glass.

The equipment I used was the SL with 280 f/4.8 Telyt-V (last version),
hand-held, at full aperture and at shutter speeds as slow as 1/60 sec with
my monopod-in-the-armpit support.

Undoubtedly an APO-Telyt will test better than the old Telyt-V but the old
stuff will still produce excellent results.

Doug Herr
Urban Forest of Sacramento