Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus & Leica
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:52:47 EST

<< I think Leica will go along the lines of the Contax AF.  The supposed
 reason why the AX is so thick is the built in macro capability (extra 10mm of
 back travel) that the camera has.  I would gladly live without this
capability
 to get a slimmer camera.

Contax makes six SLR bodies.  Because of the different features for different
situations, it is nice to have the choice.  I have five of the present bodies
and find it nice to have a choice.  However, I do not think that this strategy
would work for Leica.  I do not think Leica could afford to develop several
SLR bodies.  I do hope that Leica is able to hang on to their SLR line.
Competition is good for all.  I think it keeps Contax on their toes, since
Leica SLR's are the most direct competitors to Contax SLR's.

Tom Shea