Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W slides
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:03:32 -0800

>Is there a hassle free way to make B&W slides on your own?
>Dan K.
I have great results duplicating my B&W negatives using Kodak Ektagraphic HC
film, with my B&W standard AB55 developer, shot on a Honeywell Repronar
slide duplicator. The positive slides have rich blacks, clean whites and a
beautiful display of all the midtones. They projected images are
outstanding. Previous experiments with standard B&W films resulted in
lackluster positives with mostly a limited spectrum of gray midtones. Use
the HC film.

The only problems I had in development was tiny airbells that show up as
round white specs on the HC film positive with my regular processing
procedure. So along with my normal agitation every 30 seconds, I also banged
the Nikkor tank against the bottom of the sink at every agitation, not just
at the start. That cured the airbell problem. I had never seen airbells with
35mm film before.

The B&W projected slides give some dramatic contrast to the usual color
presentations, and I have received favorable comments on them. Have fun
making  those negatives positive!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger