Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus & Leica
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:02:31 EST

Arturo,

I second your thoughts on Leica AF.  There are way too many people with
sizeable investments in their R lenses to willingly replace them for an AF
lens.  I think Leica will go along the lines of the Contax AF.  The supposed
reason why the AX is so thick is the built in macro capability (extra 10mm of
back travel) that the camera has.  I would gladly live without this capability
to get a slimmer camera.

After the introduction of the R8, I asked why they didn't put focus
confirmation in the camera.  The response was that they could have, but it
would have taken longer to reach the market.  Would we rather wait another two
years, or have  a new camera now (1996).