Subject: Re: [Leica] Oil on Lens Blades: How bad is it?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:45:33 -0400

Paul:

For a rangefinder lens, it does not affect performance until it eventually
gets onto the lens elements themselves, requireing a strip down and clean.
For SLR's if there is oil on the blades, the auto diaphram will be sticky
and possibly not close or open properly when the shutter is fired.  It is
for this case that people state, no oil on blades.

Regards,

Robert