Subject: Re: [Leica] High speed black and white film
From: "Bruce Feldman" <brucef@waw.pdi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:23:18 +0100

I also like the Fuji 1600 b&w.  It has a look and, I'm told by experts, a
"curve" very similar to Tri-X.  I look at it as a Tri-X with two extra
stops.

I will try your development recommendations to see how the results compare
to mine.  But I've been very pleased with mine, so I'll pass them on to you
and others considering this film.

I soup it as follows:

T-Max Developer 1:9, 75F, 15 min.  Very limited agitation: 5x at the
beginning, middle, and end of development.  Keep all liquid temps in the
ballpark.  No presoak.  Use water as the stopbath.  I fix with Polymax or
Rapid when I can get it here.

The problem with this film is that it can get contrasty on me.  That's why I
limit
agitation and use, warm, dilute soup.

Good luck!

Bruce Feldman