Subject: [Leica] Is Photodo completely worthless?
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:40:11 -0500

Erwin wrote:

> The weighted score of Photodo is not relevant for practical photography. As
> they use their own (disputed by me at least) MTF values at the apertures f/4
> and f/8 all lenses with wider apertures are at a disatvantage....

OK. Is there ANY information of relevance within the test report section
of Photodo.com? If you discard everything that is "weighted" -- as the
weightings are hopelessly malformed -- then are the raw MTF graphs
themselves of value?

And how come they've posted the Apo 100R twice, once with great
(graphed) performance at 2.8 and once with cruddy performance at 2.8?

Comments?

David W. Almy
Annapolis