Subject: Re: [Leica] FLASH
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:31:20 -0500

>---------
>
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:22:20 -0500
>From: "D. K." <tekapo@golden.net>
>Subject: [Leica] FLASH
>
>Much as I loathe the idea of ever using one, I'm breaking down and going to
>buy a flash for my M6 for emergencies. I'm looking for something small and
>easy to use, and hopefully inexpensive. Can somebody please provide me
>recommendations either here or direct to my email address
><tekapo@golden.net>. Thanks, I appreciate it.
>
>Dave Fisher
>Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Hi Dave-

there are lots of small flashes available today- I, however, use an old
discontinued Vivitar 252. It has 2 auto settings and has a built in pc cord
that fits nicely on an M body. It's very light, only uses 2 'AA' batteries-
which means the recycle time is laboriously slow!! Usually they can be
found with case and also with an AC adapter cord so you can plug it into a
wall socket (makes walking around a bit more difficult!)- but that can be
handy if you want to put camera off axis and have faster recycle time. I
use a Radio Slave on camera, set the little flash to the side for
"dramatic" lighting.... recycle time even using AC power is 2-3 seconds!!
:(
I'm sure there are lots of other suggetions, but I've found these flashes
for as little as $15 and as much as $39 (mint in box)....

Bob Keene