Subject: Re: [Leica] FLASH
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:45:37 -0500

>Much as I loathe the idea of ever using one, I'm breaking down and going to
>buy a flash for my M6 for emergencies. I'm looking for something small and
>easy to use, and hopefully inexpensive. Can somebody please provide me
>recommendations either here or direct to my email address
><tekapo@golden.net>. Thanks, I appreciate it.
>
>Dave Fisher
>Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Dave,
I bought last December a very small flash that is said to be ideal with M
cameras (dixit Hanson Photography in N.Y.).
The flash is a METZ (not a bad name as you can see!) model is a Mecablitz
# 20-BC-6 made in Germany of course.
I am not fond of flash but this one is just right for the kind of use I may
have.
It is pocketable (very small) and the least expensive Metz on the market.
I paid US$49. plus shipping for it. In December, it was not available in
Canada. I had to order it from B&H in New York. They had it in stock.
The other plus with this flash is its design. It has won a German Best
Design Award last year. Great look on an M camera (I have an M4P).
And of course it is a lot cheaper than the one Leica has just introduced.

Regards,

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca