Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: On Excessive Sharpness
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:18:19 -0600

At 08:44 AM 3/18/99 +0100, you wrote:

>HCB was right-on when he trashed Weston and Adams for trying
>to separate form from substance, but that's another issue; I'm game if you
>are :-)

Who said they did that? Well, maybe Weston. It is an inaccurate assertion
in the first place, and simply ignorance of the life experiences outside of
Europe which has no primeval (old-growth) forest or vast tracts of
wilderness to make such a ludicrous claim. Adams used his photography for
the benefit of conservation and wilderness protection. The James Watt
school of ecological eschatology might claim there is not future use for
such, but many of us find in Adams' work a ring of truth from our own life
experiences.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Buddhist to hotdog vendor: "Make me One with everything"