Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon LS-2000 scanner
From: James Klebau <jklebau@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:49:58 +0000

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> In the USA silverfast is $300, and worth every penny.
>
> Tom
>
> At 12:55 PM +0000 3/17/99, James Klebau wrote:
> >Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> >
> >> ........... I have concluded that I
> >> *nned* the Nikon LS-2000 scanner. I can buy it in Amsterdam at a good
> >> price, and I have a choice of getting it with or without the Silverfast
> >> software. The price difference is about 700 NLG, or about $350. My
> >> question to LUGgers who have this scanner: is the software worth the
> >> additional cost? If I opt to buy the scanner without the software, what
> >> am I missing out on?
> >>
> >> Nathan
> >>

> >I think Silverfast is well worth the money. It does everything the nikon
> >software does, only much, much better and easier.  And it does a lot that
> >the nikon software does not do, including very sophisticated unsharp mask,
> >color replacement and more. In the USA Silverfast costs over $500.
> >
> >Jim Klebau
>
> Thomas Kachadurian
> WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria

Tom,
I was giving the price of Silverfast for Nikon LS2000. Note that I said "in
the USA."

At Lasersoft's site http://www.lasersoftint.com/Images/SFasText.htm
the price is $529US. For the LS 1000 is says $319US. And for the LS 20
Coolscan II they charge $199.

Nathan asked about the LS2000.

If the version for LS2000 is available somewhere for $300 US, please let me
know where. Thanks.

Jim Klebau