Subject: RE: [Leica] continuously variable M shutter?
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:41:34 -0500

The shutter speeds on all Ms are continuously variable, but the M6 meter
will only meter in full stops, that is why they recommend using only full
shutter speeds with the M6.  However, understanding that, I have never seen
a reason to use intermediate speeds.  If you are using T-Max or a similarly
unforgiving film under controlled conditions, it seems easier to adjust the
diaphragm unless you are already shooting wide open.  I tend to use films
with wide latitude (no chromes, I admit) and rely on judgement and a couple
of stops forgiveness in the film to give good exposures.