Subject: Re: [Leica] Our existential pleasures
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:03:08 -0600

At 12:09 AM 3/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, the way we value
>ourselves in turn influences our valuation of imaging opportunities and our
>general struggle to make a good photograph.

Which in the end means what? That sharpness is an illusion of wishful
thinking? That tonal modulation is in our mind? In one sense yet, but in
another sense, no. Both subjective and objective criterion go beyond that.
Leica lenses do perform better than other lenses in many way. That's where
the thread began, no? It's not enough to say that the best qualities of our
pictures are in the mind. That's meaningless for photography's power of
communication.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

More hay, Trigger? No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!