Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica CL and Minolta CLE
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:54:11 +0800

"Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL wrote

>Nice system, Fred!

>I have two CL's, with 90 and 40 lenses, which make a very compact travelling
>system. Altho they don't have quite the roust "feel" of an M camera, I like
>them a lot.

>The 90mm is a great lens, whether Rokkor or Leitz. Both were made by Leitz.

Gary I think that some of the 90m Rokkors were made by Minolta and some
others made by Leitz - this was part of Lucien's quiz several months ago -
I believe the early CL 90's were made by Leitz when the CL camera was in
production and then when Minolta upgraded the CL to the CLE they produced
their own 90mm Minolta Rokkor. Any other LUGGERS know of this
transformation more accurately? I too have the 40mm Rokkor and the 40mm
Summicron and prefer the Summicron's contrast although both produce good
images. I have used a 90 mm tele elmarit and now a new Elmarit with my CLE
and, despite official warnings from Leica (because of cam slope differences
between the Leica lens and the CLE) about focussing accuracy of Leica
lenses on the CLE, I do not have a problem. This makes a wonderfully
compact travelling outfit including the tiny Minolta TTL flash.
Best Regards
Howard