Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding photography with M6 and Noct.
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:07:18 -0600

Andre,

Thanks for the response to my post about using Neopan 1600 for my
granddaughter's wedding reception and urging me to try either Fuji CZ Super
G 800 or Kodak PMZ 1000.  I had decided to use the B&W film, but now find
that it is hard to get here.  So, I am back to your suggestions.  As I
mentioned, I had tried the G800 and liked it, but the room has no windows
and is lighted with mostly incandescent lights.  I did take one roll of
film there and found that it had a yellow-orange cast due to the color
temp/film imbalance.

How does the Kodak PMZ 1000 work in this type of lighting???  I guess in a
worse case I could scan the negs and print them on my computer printer in
B&W.  I haven't inquired whether any of the labs will try to correct the
color balance in the printing.  Since I don't have my darkroom any more I
can't either.  I took one of the negatives of the G800 and tried to correct
the color balance, but the results were not good.

Any other suggestions, my friend???  Will at least the Lugs don't seem to
be trying to eat each other right now - for a while I thought we were a
bunch of cannibals!!

Thanks and have a great week-end

Dick