Subject: Re: [Leica] existential pleasures of engineering (2)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:47:54 EST

Walt, I gladly pay the large differential for the highest quality.  You are
correct, the best costs a lot more than second best.  It is worth it.

Tom Shea

<< Certainly, if one buys a new lens, and the difference between
 the immediately previous model and the current "APO" or whatever
 is 10-20%, one should opt for the new one....but in a real-world
 example, should I sell my 1970 EXC 50 Summicron for $300 and
 buy a new one for $1000?  or sell my 35 Summicron for $500 and
 buy the "APO" for three times that?   >>