Subject: RE: [Leica] Image Editing Software Help
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:51:50 -0500

>So get Photo-Paint8 - there is virtually nothing you can't do with it, but
>you can also do as little as you want to. It is a big program, but you'll
>find that you can begin to do basic things without even opening the
>manual....and you'll find yourself turning out really good quality
>prints....

	I concur: I got Corel Graphics Pack
	for C$149 which includes PhotoPaint 6 (SIX...),
	thinking it would "take care" of my PC photo needs
	for a while.
	And there is not much this software cannot do.
	PhotoPaint 8 is much more expensive, but even
	more powerful.

	PhotoShop 5 is real heavy but the professional's
	standard option.

	A magnificent PC shareware is the PaintShop 5
	mentioned by another correspondent, available on
	many magazine CD-ROM and by download from the
	makers at:
	http://www.jasc.com
	about 15-20 minutes download, fully functional.

	In Macintosh, the standard "shareware" is Graphic Converter,
	very popular: I wouldn't spend a day without it.

	Enjoy yourself.

	AJQ

   "Only when it's dark enough
    can you see the stars."