Subject: RE: [Leica] 90/2 Summicron M
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:29:43 -0000

Yup!
The newer one I have (2nd version with the lens hood that obscures the
aperture ring when retracted) is much lighter and easier to carry than the
older, bulkier 1st version. You can use 'common' 49mm filters on the later
ones, 48mm on the first. As I have a lot of 48mm filters I've got an adapter
which allows me to use them.
Performance wise I've not noticed any great difference, I'm sure there must
be one/some but I changed for the weight reason.

Jem