Subject: [Leica] M6 ttl and older lenses
From: "John S Doherty" <dohertyj@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 02:18:23 -0000

 >Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:13:50 -0000
>From: "Joao Ranito" <Joao.Ranito@novabase.pt>
>Subject: [Leica] M6 ttl and older lenses...

>Dear LUG'ers:

.>I have some questions for you.

>Iīve bought a brand new M6 ttl (my first Leica >first-hand buy! wow!)and
>tried my old 35/3.5 Summaron on it. It didnt't >activate the 35 mm frame. Is
>this normal (my Summaron is from the 50's and the M3 >didnīt have frames for
>the 35mm focal length, so, maybe...) or I may have a >problem with the lens?
>Or the M6? It works well with a 50/2 Summicron from >the 50īs and itīs ok
>with a recent 35/2 Summicron.

Joao,

I have an old 35 Summicron with "Eyes" which I use on an M3 and M6.  This lens is designed for the M3 and brings up the 50mm frame which is then magnified by the "Eyes" making the view equivalent to the field of a 35mm lens.  The lens also brings up the 50MM frame on the M6.  A newer non M3 designed 35MM lens brings up the 35MM frame on the M6.

I also use a 90 C on the M6 without any problems.

John D.