Subject: Re: [Leica] Fungus -- humidity? or darkness the catalyst?
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 23:16:32 +0800

>I want to purchase two dehumidifiers, mount them on the wall, and provide for
>their continuous drainage into my septic system:  can you recommend a
>manufacturer and model?  And, too, what humidifier are you using?
>
>Leon

Hope you don't mind me joining in here.
I have three dehumidifiers, one Toyo and two cheaper Akaruis, all the same
size. They do not drip water like an air-con unit, but evaporate it off
outside at the back, like most fridges do these days. The water make is
very small - because the cooling power is necessarily tiny ( a few watts).
There is absolutely no need for plumbing with these units.

The Akaruis were cheaper than the Toyo and work just as well. I think I
paid Sing$450 (US$1=Sing$1.7 approx) for each of the Akaruis. They are 400
mm wide, 400 mm deep and 800 mm high. That is about 128 litres by my
calculation.

Regards,
Malcolm
Singapore