Subject: Re: [Leica] Fungus!
From: "4season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 00:47:56 -0700

It's no mistake to use a Hasselblad in this way: Remember that they'll
always make more!

After a day shooting in cold or wet conditions, I'll generally leave the
lenses and bodies sitting around, uncapped for a few hours (open the WLF
too) , in order to dry out properly. It's clean water, so I'm not too
worried about contamination or corrosion. I do keep the gear stowed in my
bag until I'm ready to use it, partly to keep it warm, but mostly because of
the chance I'll fall on the ice (taking the camera with me), and I've
learned the hard way to be very careful not to rest electronic gear directly
on the snow, because of the chance snow will melt on contact, and
immediately refreeze, jamming parts of the camera, and very quickly
deep-freezing the batteries into uselessness. So far, with these simple
precautions, I've had no electronics problems with either the Leica or the
Hasselblad.

Fungus? Probably not an issue in your area. Very different from warm, humid
climates, where neglected gear rots.

Jeff