Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica on motorcycle
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:13:34 +0000

I keep my Leica M in a rucksack when I ride my flat twin BMW. It just takes
too long to get it out of the painer if you want to use it.

I do not dare put it in the tank bag because it is fixed to the tank by a
few very powerful magnets and I am afraid this may harm the Leica. Anyway
the tank bag almost blew off when I did 100 miles an hour down the
autobahn. But I have to admit, at that moment I thought less about Leicas
than about myself.   MY QUESTION:  Are the strong magnets a potential
hazard for the M?

It seems several Leica bikers have a Ricoh GR-1 in their shirt or jacket
pocket for quick shots. You can add me to that list.

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58