Subject: Re: [Leica] m4-P opinions
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 22:25:08 -0600 (CST)

I have both....have had many more.....the M4-2/P and the M-4
are not the same camera, but they're close as you're gonna get
at a decent (not insane) price.....The fit, finish, sophistication
of adjustments, etc.....went down in steps from the M4 to the
M4-P.....FUNCTIONALLY, they 're the same camera....if the M4-P is
well adjusted, it's probably a "stronger" camera.....but
lacking in "feel" and "look".....whatever that means...

However, it may take post-manufacture adjustments/repair to
get the M4-P to its "best"....I've had three of the M4-2/P bodies,
the first needed  a counter repair, the second a flash block (they're
plastic) and the third needed RFDR adjustment, new, out of the box...
and it also has the second shutter curtain glued on VERY SLIGHTLY
crooked (no functional problem, just disturbing if one obsesses
on such things)....in each camera, once the 'offending' problem
was cured, they went on to YEARS of faithful use, no more
problems (I'm hoping my current one is the same).....The chrome
german M4, however, was/is/continues to be a great camera, and might
outlast all of the newer ones....it's my favorite camera by far...

Walt

On
Sat,
6