Subject: [Leica] happy99 virus from Jorg not so happy
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:45:39 -0500

I just learned that I have sent to a bunch of people the 'happy99' worm
(virus) without knowing it.  DON'T run the program!

The virus creates an e-mail without you knowing it and attaches the
happy99.exe to an empty message.  Fortunately the virus is nice enough to
keep a list. I am sending this message to all the people that were on the
list.

If you made the same mistake that I made and run happy99.exe you are
infected and you might help spreading the virus without knowing it.  If you
have in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory the file liste.ska you know that
you are infected and you also know to whom you have sent the virus.  You can
open the file with your Notepad.  For instruction how to remove the virus
manually go to:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3652/SKA.HTM

Sorry for the troubles.

Jörg Willems