Subject: Re: [Leica] M 135mm/90mm Frames and Use
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 01:27:10 -0500

Bill Caldwell:

I do not for a moment question the optical excellence of the 90mm "skinny"
Tele-Elmarit lens made in Canada. Indeed, both this and the "fat" versions
have been getting a bad rap lately on this list. I have used the skinny lens
and currently my son is getting beautiful pictures with this one on a CL
body.  The framelines are adequate on the M4,5,6 and CL(actually better
outlined on the M5 than on the M6; superior on the CL compared to the CLE).
Thank you for suggesting the use of the 135mm f2.8 with goggles; but many
years ago I picked the 135mm f4 Tele-Elmar in view of its superior optics
and lesser weight. Consequently, you will understand my preference to use
the 135mm bright-line finder with this lens.

regards, Andrew Jordan
Northern NJ