Subject: RE: [Leica] Seattle Film Works
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:37:19 -0800

From http://photo.net/photo/film.html, in Phil Greenspun's list of film
to avoid:

"Anything derived from movie stock, e.g., Seattle Film Works. Movie film
is
lower quality than photographic film and it is also
non-archival. Your memories will fade very quickly if you don't keep
your processed negatives in the freezer (which is what movie studios
do).
[Note: normal color neg film will say "Process C41" on the canister.
If it says "Process ***something else****" then you've got movie film.
This is why the junk that Seattle Filmworks respools cannot be
processed at your local minilab.]

There may be other opinions about this, but it seems they use
movie stock. I would also be interested to hear further information.

- -Al