Subject: RE: [Leica] velvia and Taj Mahal
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:05:26 -0800

Alan,

Thanks for the reply.  I always rate Velvia at ISO 40, some rate it at 32.
If I was underexposed it may negligible, at most 1/2 stop.  But with Velvia
whites are gray even properly exposed. Let me expplain (so I don;t get
flamed).  If you hold a Velvia slide side by side with the white object you
photographed it will show a gray tint.  If you hold it next to an Agfa RSX
slide that photographed the same white object, you will be surprised that
the white object is white in the Agfa shot and a slight gray in the Velvia,
while Ektachrome will display a hint of yellow.  Velvia being the most color
saturated and highest contrast of the 3 may have formulated it that way to
bring out more contrast (just a thought).  I currently rate Velvia at ISO 32
on an ambient meter and 40 on a camera (TTL) meter.

Peter K