Subject: Re: [Leica] 60 Optics
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 07:39:18 -0600

At 07:26 AM 3/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Has the optical design of the 60 macro changed over the years. I've
>noticed changing model numbers but have seen no optical tweaks. Perhaps
>mechanical updates?

It was a series lens when introduced. Then it went to 55mm. Not sure about
any other changes.

>I noted Pascal reported that its optical performace is approached only
>by the Nikkor 60, according to CDI.

The Nikkor (latest) is a superb lens. When I used it, it seemed to me that
it was the closest Nikon lens I'd ever used to Leica image "character." And
then I found out that Kyocera manufactures it. Ah ha!

Very solidly built, compared to the first AF version of that lens (55mm).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Canadian DOS prompt: EH