Subject: [Leica] Equipment differences
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:53:42 EST

In a message dated 3/1/99 9:04:47 AM Mountain Standard Time, Walt wrote:

<< Like 75% of the "data" presented on the LUG, it's dogma, not photographic
 evidence....but to the photographer,
 discussions of bags or flash techniques are infinitely more valuable. >>

Couldn't agree more, folks... The same is true of most other equipment-
oriented groups. Though I would differ in that I personally think there are
characteristics of different lenses from different manufacturers which can
make a difference in the final images, sometimes differences that matter. (the
kind of work Jim Brick does highlights these differences) But generally modern
primes and most older ones are capable of producing excellent results if the
photographer knows what he or she is doing.

One of my better photographs, a Canadian Timber Wolf (no, not Ted...), was
shot with a  $10 Bushnell 135mm lens on a $100 Spotmatic. Tack sharp, too,
every hair clear.

Will von Dauster