Subject: Re: [Leica] On Topic
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:16:51 -0600 (CST)

Yeah, we really need moderation.....we need some LIMITS I tell you...
Don't need none of that junk on THIS list.....>WE'RE< BETTER THAN
THAT.....my god, think of the children who have to live in a house
contaminated with the kind of obscenity that spews forth here....
There HAVE to be limits on behavior, by God....otherwise, there'd
be ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE on OUR group, posting whatever they think
about.....even at night, with the drapes pulled. For heaven's sake....
Without some kind of control, there'll be links to nude pictures,
pictures with BLOOD in them, my god, even NIKON pictures....it'll
degenerate into the kinda crap they teach in them schools nowdays...
politics and evolution and things like that.....hell, even trailer
houses have phone lines now, and WALMART sells modems....now just
what kinda junk is THAT gonna let in?

We need to get some posts about lens quality...about caps, and
UV filters....maybe some comparisons between the Tri-elmar and
the 50 Summar....maybe we could attract some people who travel
'round the world, anytime they want to....and shoot NICE things,
people who have the common decency to carry a PROPER lens cleaning
kit (underwear, UGH)....and those Italians, something should be
done about them, too.....

Membership.  Dues.  Now that'll straighten this list up....
coupla grand a year....less than the club, less than a few
cruises....nobody who REALLY uses Leicas could POSSIBLY have
a problem with that....

I, too, don't want to spend MY valuable time sorting through
all this crap every day.....even though most of us LUG members
don't really have to WORK, it takes up time I could spend
travelling.....shooting REAL pictures on print film, that I'd
be PROUD to show the old women at the club.  AS IT SHOULD BE>>>>

I'll volunteer my time to sort it out....to get rid of that
drivel that just doesn't have a place here.....If you don't
think it'll work, look at the Collins Radio Reflector!!! NOW
THAT guy has CONTROL of HIS list.....he goes through EVERY
post, 24+ hours a day....if they're not up to par, they go away.
FOR GOOD....Yessir, IT BETTER be on topic, and not offensive
to him...or you're OUT!!! --- I think I'm PERFECTLY suited
to serving in the same kind of position here on the LUG.....

Oh, BTW, on the Collins list, they also DON'T LET YOU BITCH
ABOUT THE LIST!!!

Walt