Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica School on the Left Coast.....and More.
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 23:04:14 +0100

Bill,

I agree with your suggestions about Leica's marketing or lack thereof. The
grey market you refer to below is already here, big time. Besides the German
outlet like Foto Hobby, there are currently on-line retailers in Denmark,
Austria and the UK that I am aware of, not to mention several more that do
not yet have web sites but can be ordered from by phone. These stores are a
boon to people living in high-priced EU countries or in places like Belgium
where the service from the local distributor is so poor that it is actually
an advantage to buy abroad.

Nathan

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> Leica is going to face and increasing grey market problems in the
> coming years.  So I feel that it would be in their very best interest
> to start promoting customer loyalty now...rather then waiting until
> more of their LOCAL DEALER customer base erodes.  As most of you know,
> there are already two large mail order camera stores in Germany online
> now and I think you will see one in Denmark and one in Switzerland
> online later this year.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium