Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG, Leica culture, lens testing and No BS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:04:10 -0600

At 10:21 AM 3/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
>For Leica we have talked about the Noctilux.  While it TESTS OK wide open,
>it is better stopped down.

But Peter, at F1 it has no peer. (The Canon with camera is way too big in
comparison, and the rangefinder gives more accurate focusing). And it's
really functional. Even when the knobs have broken off and you can't use a
lens shade, as when I used Ted's last month. An awesome lens wide open. So
what if it's better stopped down? That's not the reason people buy this
lens. If they don't have a use, then they'd be smart to buy one, or wait to
see if Leica ever comes out with a 50 Summilux ASPH! :-) I actually am
betting a new Noctilux formula is coming.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He who laughs last thinks slowest!