Subject: Re: [Leica] Professional equipment
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:05:35 -0500

> I find it amusing that the photographic community insists on
> referring to the FM, FM2, etc. as "professional" equipment...

"Professional" has to do with the nature of the application, not with
how rugged, reliable, or how good the equipment feels.

> You Leica types will understand, even the "feel" of the FM-2etc
> didn't inspire confidence....

I don't agree at all, but I understand what you're getting at.  I've
been in plenty situations in professional work where I was more
confident in the abilities of the FM2N.  Do I prefer the M6 to the
FM2N?  Yes, in some aspects.  But I don't think this has anything to
do with whether or not a camera is "professional equipment."

> only after the demise of the F2 was it billed as a "pro mechanical
> body"

Nikon can market the camera any way it wants, but the end users
(and the test of time) are the better judges.

no archive