Subject: RE: [Leica] back to Leica dialogue! -Reply -Reply
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:25:17 -0500

Well, I have to say that I wouldn't necessarily expect HCB's photos of the
rich and famous to be his best.  On the contrary.
- ---
Gareth - Famous..usually culturally...What surprised me was that the photos
were so.....vapid...they were simply disembodied portraits that did little
to reflect the personality, lives, etc., of the people....some were
exceptional, no question....but too many were too bland..and then one
wonders why, when he has taken so many great photos over the years, he would
allow this comparative dreck to be published....