Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat IC question
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:48:08 -0800

I have never heard of using cornstarch.

But:

"If the film does not make even contact with the condenser lens, Newton's
Rings may occur....  They are prevented by the metal mask NEWOO (17665) or the
glass disc (17652) slipped onto the condenser.  The metal mask leaves both
surfaces of the film free;  however, this may have the effect that the film
will not be absolutely flat.  The disc (17652) keeps the film perfectly plane
by means of a specially treated surface."
(Kisselbach, 1967, p. 231)

Please remember that this is out of a book and therefore is probably invalid
to folks who only believe what they hear or what is imprinted on their
underwear.

Regards, Bill