Subject: [Leica] Marketing (was Leica School)
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:56:47 -0700

Bill, I think Leica's already done a great job with "Leica. The Program", as
it's a hefty, booklike brochure, not likely to be tossed out soon. The
photographer thus has Leica's sales pitch onhand for a year or more. The
next step would be to sell it, as Sony does with Sony Style (amazing what
people will buy, isn't it?)

The entry-level cameras certainly could stand to be a lot hipper, so that
ordinary, design-conscious folks would want one, regardless of any moldy old
Leica legends. Besides being high-margin items, these are likely a person's
first introduction to the Leica brand name. I've tried convincing non
computer-owning coworkers to consider $400 Windows boxes and the like, but
their eyes just kind of glaze over until you mention...iMacs!

Jeff