Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 jamming when loading
From: raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:25:01 +0100

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:40:48 -0500
> From: Stephen Alred <salred@toad.net>
> Subject: [Leica] M6 Field Repair?
>
> My M6 film advance jammed in mid-wind today as I was loading a roll of
> film.  Any tricks to dealing with it before I ship it to Don Goldberg?
>
> Symptoms:
> Film advance lever will not move forward past the "engage" position
>  (moves backward from there OK)
> Shutter button moves but doesn't release the shutter
> Shutter is partially wound -- the "seam" between the curtains is at the left
>  edge of the opening when viewed from the back.
>
> Any hatpin/chewing gum remedies???
> Thanks,
> Steve Alred

Hi Steve! I have eperienced a couple of times one type of jamming
thatīs easily cured: when loading the upper edge of film can wedge
itself under the upper side of the film gate and the camera is
jammed in mid-stroke. The cure: open camera and start loading
again, this time making sure that the film lies flat.
All the best!
Raimo

Photos at: http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen