Subject: Re: [Leica] Schacht Travegon
From: Randolph Carlisle <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:26:45 -0800

Ken Wilcox wrote:

>From this stash I purchased a NEW LTM Schacht Travegon R 35 mm f3.5
lens.  Has anyone used one of these enough to have an opinion of the
optical quality?
Ken Wilcox
Ken:
Schacht made three lenses in LTM.  These were introduced sometime around
August, 1969 and with Leica's approval.  The focal lengths were
35/90/135.  The 135mm elements detach and the lens can be used, at
infinity focus, with Viso II and Viso III.  I had the 35mm when I first
started out and found it to be more than adequate, but no match for the
Summicrons.  If you don't do much wide angle work it is fine for those
times when you don't have room enough to back up.  It is best at f/5.6
and f/8 but decent from f/3.5 to f/22.
Randolph Carlisle