Subject: [Leica] Re: Jim's... you will hate me now.
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:41:44 -0800

I agree wholeheartedly  with you Jim.

I consider the news media pandering whores who have made an art form of the
"freedom to depress" .

However, aside of some pompous and self-important ones such as Dan Rather
and others, we should not blame most of the reporters. After all they are
but puppets whose strings are being pulled by self-serving networks, which
in turn are beholding to multinational corporations and political parties.

What makes me most angry is when a blatant lie is perpetrated and no one
steps forward to unmask it. I think that when a major news item is reported,
the band wagon starts rolling and the feeding frenzy begins. Investigative
reporting for the most part is confined to sordid and titillating subject
matter.

Ultimately we are responsible for the mediocrity in the media. Our apathy,
gullibility, and inability to analyze what we are being told makes us
willing victims who, in some cases, go so far as to idolize anchor people
elevating them to deity status.

Joseph Codispoti

From Jim:
The News Media.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, hear, and know, how biased our
news reporting establishment is. Anyone who cannot see that they constantly
take one side of issues, refuse to report issues that are clearly news and
important, and generally speak in a manner that is ambiguous, is either
still in his/her mothers womb, or dead.
<snip>